Tuesday, June 5

Bfing no more

Last night was really heartbreaking for both of us. The sound of Aresha crying, begging for me to bfeed her was unbearable to ignore. I was on cold pill (err not being cold to her but pills tht relieves runny nose)It makes me so sleepy that I actually slept while she's crying for mommy's milk :( She cried

"Mommyyyyy, Mommyyyyy"
" Mommmmyyyy tutu pleaseeeee,"

I know it's hard for her to go on cold turkey. She's been bfing for 30 months! She can't sleep soundly when I'm not around. Maybe she's been so used to hearing mommy's heartbeat since she was born(or was it since in the womb?)The sweet smell of attachment and security. Knowing tht mommy's right beside her. I know for a fact tht there isn't much left. Dear was being really helpful and supportive of weaning her completely from bfing. He was the one comforting Aresha, accompanying her till she fell asleep, substituting lait de moi
with formula or water. It was really kind of him to actually let me get a good sleep though he badly need a rest. Well,he never failed to surprise me each day. Last Sunday he let me take a break (literally, I wasn't allowed to go to the kitchen)
He made us brunch of his specialty Grilled Chicken Sandwich, while I just sit back enjoying Nad's Grey's Anatomy Season 3 DVDs.

I'm still struggling to avoid her from bfing. Daytime = hard work to divert her needs. The best I could do is to offer her juice or food. Being 2 1/2 year old she already know how to get it herself. Without me noticing she'd lift up my tee but I quickly tell her no, reassuring tht she don't need it anymore. She cries everytime, I'd just give in but it has to stop or I'll have a toddler dangling, clinging on me forever! YMing with dear just now and he told me to be strong. Aresha, my precious little girl, please understand tht no doesn't mean tht I don't love you. I know you can get through this. This is only the beginning..

No comments: