Saturday, February 26

A visit to remember

I made two appointments... One for Aresha and another one for me. I need advice on contraceptions. Aresha is too young to have a sister or brother. I have Implanon in mind, a second opinion is important. My gynae should know what's best for me. Got up early,bathe and preparing Aresha for her visit to a new paed.
We were going up and down the lift to find the paed that I've made the appointment with. She's no 5 in line, so I decided to go to meet my gynae first. I was told that I'm gonna have my pap smear today. Err.. that was totally uncalled for. Mind you, my gynae is a man. A very nice man indeed, but still I'm not comfortable.
After the catch up thingy and my 101 questions on birth control..I can't make up my mind..we'll go home and decide later,perhaps.Then,after scanning,and check-up..he told me that pap smear will be done on my next visit.Aiyah I have to go through the whole process again? Why can't it be done and get over with,today?
N'mind I'm sure I'll be prepared next month. Even he commented on how strong Aresha's head movements was.For her age,she's ahead of everybody she could turn everywhere she desired to, especially when the place is new to her.

Okay, now it's Aresha's turn.One thing about her, she hates it when people touch her head (macam pantanglah tu). So, when the nurse tried to measure the diametre of her head, she wriggled, screamed and cried loudly.She's getting five immunization including polio today.. all in one shot. This time she cried a little. Daddy worked his magic on her, and she's smiling again. The paedtrician asked whether I'm still breastfeeding. he told me to keep on breastfeeding until she's one or two..Why? Because formula milk is expensive! I swear that's what he said. :)
I asked for advice on weaning and found out that I could only give her rice cereals, for a start to avoid allergy.Fruit juices(non citrus) can only be given when she's 7 months.You gotta introduce new food to the baby slowly and Ribena, Vitagen are crap (high in sugar)So many things to remember. Need to do more research on this.

Back home, the three of us were so tired that we slept then and there on the sofa. Never thought it would be so tiring.

No comments: