Saturday, January 22

1st Wedding Anniversary

Couldn't believe that it's already the 22nd of January. Last year we were pronounced husband and wife exactly t 9.46pm @ Surau nearby my ol' house in Kluang. My dearie looked very handsome in off-white baju Melayu teluk belanga. He seemed calm, smiling at me when I entered the room. On the other hand, I'm a nervous wreck. We've known each other for 6 years but the thought of being his wife, till death do us part.. this is totally different than just being in love. Thank God, my dearest friend Eva was there to comfort me.
Luckily it only took dear one lafaz , a diamond solitaire ring and voila! We're officially MARRIED! Our nikah ceremony was a blast! Our friends from Independent Singapore Chapter came with their Harleys.. 20 of them. Plus, the Nomads Chapter from KL, 8 of 'em. So, you can imagine the sound of the V-twin engine roared through the silence of the night. Kompang pun tenggelam!
That was last year, today.. we're celebrating our big day with Aresha in hand. She's the best anniversary gift ever! Her aqiqah were done @8.45 am this morning. Dear almost fainted to see the slaughter procedure. We never knew that it's sunat to see the process of the qurban (When you're doing it for yourself or your family)
Went out to OU before having dinner at TGIF. It's been 5 years the same restaurant @Life Centre. This year, a slight change, the same restaurant but different venue. Nothing fancy,no candle light dinner or roses, can't even wear my wedding ring yet.(Have to shed few more pounds) but it feels so romantic. Maybe this is the first time we went out without worrying about Aresha. I don't know, but I have this feeling as if this is our first date. For few seconds, I couldn't talk , I had goosebumps.
Dinner was great. Hang out with IMG until 2.30 am. By the time we reach home. Aresha's still wide wake! Poor grandma. She couldn't sleep to take care of our baby. As soon as Aresha sees me, she smiled! My heart melts..She knew that her mommy's home to cuddle her to sleep. What a way to end the day..
So here we are, been tying the knot for one year,Aresha is the proof of our love, it will stay the same if not stronger each day. Happy Anniversary, dear!!

No comments: