Friday, October 22

Ramadhan is a great month to enjoy all the food that I love! I've been eating like there's no tomorrow, seriously! My mama has a menu for buka puasa for the whole month. I could only enjoy all these food such as nasi beriyani, soto, nasi ayam etc... now as I'll be on confinement for the next 44 days after delivering my baby. What would it be like to drink without ice, eat everything cooked without oil. Not allowed to eat 'cold' fruits and vegetables. Define cold? Is there any research out there that supports all this confinement rules? I was told to be prepared for 'bertangas' where you stand on top of a burnt charcoal with your body wrapped around in a blanket. Something like a home made sauna. My dearest Faizal was totally against this "bertangas" thingy. We even had a funny argument with atuk last Monday. Tangas supposed to make your uterus shrink to its normal size, but according to our ante-natal instructor Jenny, it's nonsense. Some mothers even almost burn themselves by this practice. Hmmm.. this is the conflict that any new mother would face. We learn the modern practice through books and classes whilst our mother/grandma would insist on practicing their confinement rules on us. It's not that I don't believe in old tradition, but some practice such as putting pilis on your forehead seems to be so ridiculous. It supposed to drive your hubby away as the smell from pilis would really turn any men off. I wouldn't want my dear to avoid me! I want him to be there right next to me, we both decided to take turn taking care of the baby except for washing the baby's poo poo... Gross sangat eh dear? That responsibility is mine, hehe.
Hari ni teringin nak makan apa pulak? Been craving for kueh kole kacang for the past few days. Dear pun sampai terikut-ikut sekali. Nasibla I'm not really that fussy. Dapat kuih pun dah best sangat. Today I would love to go to any bazaar Ramadhan. Nak cari kole kacang!

No comments: