Thursday, August 26

Ramadhan 2010

Wow, how fast time flies. Suddenly it's 16th day of Ramadhan.
We're training Aresha to fast the whole day, well uhm I mean full circle, not half-day, not yang yang yok
Alhamdulillah she made it through the till today except for one day when she came home and said she's hungry and straight away grabbed a drink from the fridge without I even have the chance to say no.
That's puasa for a 6yr old. At least she didn't try to curi-curi makan while I'm not looking. Always ask before sipping a drink or a bite on that carrot cake ;)
Normally I'd scream NO but that would be too hard on her isn't it. I don't have to force her to fast she wants to do it herself. That's good enough. She's only 6 and I must say she's really strong for a kid her age. Normally her sahur would be a quarter portion than ours. Wonders how did she managed to not get too hungry by afternoon!
She naps more often since I told her so, to get her off thinking what to eat and counting the hours.

Oh yeah, my brother Erie starts his own business right before Ramadhan so if you're at PARAM in Kelana Jaya, look out for Mr Nasi Ambang, stall no 26. Business is good, syukur. Another stall is at Mutiara Damansara PARAM and right in front of TV3 guardhouse. Cheap yo, RM4.50! Complete meal of rice, serunding, sambal goreng & ayam masak merah. Scrumptious too!

Sadly big sister haven't got the chance to check out herself. Not much a pasar ramadhan frequent. Till this date we've been only to one at Jalan Daud, Kg. Bharu. The rest would be home cooked or mom's/MIL's cooking. 

We need to improve on tarawikh though. By the time we retire for the night, we're too lazy/sleepy to do so. Bad excuse, bad bad excuse :(

This year we've prepared early for raya celebration. Got the baju raya sent to the tailor a month before puasa. Aresha got her kasut raya already, still contemplating whether to buy here or online. Got my eyes on those Oxford boots/heels, would it be okay to wear with baju kurung though? At least I got my new hair cut, super easy maintenance (read, no maintenance at all) No need to comb, Nurse Jackie style ;)

Ooh I'll be 30 in 2 days! Also fell on Ramadhan last year. Wow thirty eh, skuirtgun would be so happy we're finally in the same age circle, heheh. He got all sort of plans for me. Even got the prezzie earlier than previous years. Celebration starts early, we'll have dinner on Friday,reminiscence of my last year as a twenty-something. It doesn't matter, no one would believe I'm thirty anyway.

Shall go back to  sleep now, this Barney Aresha's watching now is killing me. Cartoon time starts right away after sahur for her this month. 
Damnit, I didn't lose any weight at all this year, hmmphh

No comments: