Monday, July 14

spring cleaning in summertime

I have three months before my EDD to make sure the house is spotless.
Been procrastinating for quite sometime (oh well, blame it on the pregnancy)
We have to make room for the kids.
That means the double decker bed from the landlord has to be disassembled and stashed in the store room.

We thought of moving out to a new place once our contract ended but last night after having a discussion, we decided to stay for another year and save for our 2nd house's downpayment(For those who wonder why 2nd, please don't make me explain, buat sakit hati je :P)

Goal for 2009, to be financially independent, that is to clear all the credit card debts and save for our next holiday and the house.

Okay, back to spring cleaning.

Things to be done:

1- Kids' bedroom
Not much to buy just new bedsheets, mattress (note: must be girly and pink),curtain and some shelves for toys and books

2-Kitchen
Buy new rack for the stoves, major cleaning up - that is dear's task, hehe

3- Rearrange and tidy up the storage room
to make room for the double decker bedframe, and other stuffs that we rarely use.

4- maintain the cleanliness of the house especially the living room
that means Aresha's toys has to be in her room not laying around anymore

The list is not that long but we only have few months to make sure everything's ready . I often get backaches now so I wouldn't be much help in the future.
Started with things I could do own my own while dear's at work.

I'm surprised that suddenly I got this energy to do everything, though I'm quite worried that I push myself too hard.

Managed to clean up the guest room (which will converted to the kids' room soon), and we agreed on spending 30 minutes everyday to clean the storage room, so it is 25% done now :)

We're quite pleased with the progress and hope to meet the deadline (before Ramadhan)
By that time I might not be able to do much anymore.

Now, I gotta go and finish vacuuming the living room, 2 cats + one toddler = countless time of vacuuming everyday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi dear...dont push your self to much...jadi mcm aku nnt...hehe...terberanak awal...take good care both u and your baby...

taaa....
*mas*

Anonymous said...

bedsheet, mattres must be girly and pink???....dah scan eh?

*mas*

Zach Reza said...

Yeah it's a girl!Scanned twice (to be sure la konon!) I think this is a year for girls kot? Hehe

Nope, no pink sheets etc, just using hand-me downs from Aresha ;)

Darling, were you pushing yourself too much? :(
I was, last month but giving it a rest, just a plan, couldn't cross out everything in the list though, but it's okay kan, plus I get tired easily.

Insya Allah, thanks for your reminder and well wishes :)
Same goes for you too!
Here's hoping that Masiera will be out soon!

Zach Reza said...

ohh the girly and pink thingy to eh? That's for Aresha! She's so obsessed with everything PINK!