Monday, July 7

Courtesy

It's sad that we're becoming a nation of selfish and discourteous.
Why such a statement?

I've experienced it myself last night.
Aresha and I took LRT from Masjid Jamek (as our bus stopped @Puduraya)
It was 10.30pm.
LRT was packed like a sardine can, I was standing near a pole and kept on reminding Aresha to hold on to one.

Then at KLCC station more people got in and we front of the seats that clearly stated for pregnant women, women with child, elderly etc. I kept glancing on the sign and looking at the faces of people who sat there, nobody offered me a seat. Okay, expected.

Last time I got a seat, was when Carolina (a Cser from Argentina) asked a girl to get up for this pregnant lady. It works and the girl smiled sheepishly(more like stupidly for being so ignorant)

To be honest, I don't really need a seat but after a while, Aresha made a fuss and whine saying that she's tired. A 3 1/2 year old toddler couldn't endure 20 minutes train ride, anybody could see that, but hey! Everybody just pretend they didn't hear her or see her crying! Maybe they thought 'why the hell is the pregnant lady and her daughter took this train? I'm not giving up my seat!' There's this lady who kept glancing at me, but her ass is too heavy kot?

Seriously, I vow to teach Aresha common courtesy. I'm not saying that their parents didn't taught them well, but sometimes we forgot the importance of being polite and courteous.

Maybe I don't look pregnant? I'm just a fat lady with a huge tummy.
I don't deserve a seat.
or
Maybe I should just stay home since I'm pregnant.

And we still call ourselves rakyat Malaysia 'berbudi bahasa and bersopan santun'?
Wow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

kan kan. dulu masa i mengandungkan aiman pon camtu. tercongok la dengan perut dah besar. but luckily there was indian lady yg baik bgn and offered me her seat. bangsa kita pon tak buat gitu!

-matun-

Zach Reza said...

You were lucky!
Hmm mmg pun u bukan nak kata apa, org kita la yg selalu buat2 tido lah , tak nampak la.

It's sad la why is our nation being so selfish these days?

Anonymous said...

babe, sakitnya hati i!

memang orang kita ni skang yang selfish!

Zach Reza said...

tell me about it babe!